Straightforward advice is what clients have come to rely on the most from Patricia. Her practice is dedicated to consumer bankruptcy law, civil litigation and domestic law. She is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Atlanta Bar Association (Bankruptcy and Domestic Law Sections), the North Fulton Bar Association and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Originally from West Virginia, Patricia attended the University of Georgia and received a bachelor’s degree in English (minor in Philosophy) from Georgia State University. She is a 1988 graduate of Georgia State’s College of Law. After working for a bankruptcy specialty firm, she established her own firm in 1989, and co-founded Charlton & Glover in 1994.
Her community efforts range from pro bono work as a guardian ad litem with the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, to volunteering with Happy Tails Pet Therapy, for which she has taken pets to hospitals and youth prisons. She also has served as a volunteer teacher, teaching English to Russian immigrants.
An avid traveler and reader, Patricia especially enjoys reading to kids. She enjoys an active, full life with her husband and daughter in Alpharetta.
Areas of Practice
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law
- Civil Litigation
- Domestic Law
- Georgia, 1988
- U.S. Federal Court, 1988
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- J.D. – 1988
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
- B.A. – 1984
- Major: English
- Minor: Philosophy
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award in Family Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Atlanta Bar Association, Bankruptcy, Criminal & Family Law Sections
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Domestic Law Sections, Member
- North Fulton Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member